
Getty Image
Former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou is making big money to fight Tyson Fury.
Earlier this year, Ngannou and the UFC parted ways after he refused to sign a contract with them to fight Jon Jones.
At the time, Ngannou revealed that he turned down around $8 million to fight Jones.
Ngannou says that the Jon Jones fight was in the ballpark of the $8 million that Brock Lesnar reportedly made for UFC 200 and that he had asked for a three-fight deal with no extension clauses.
— Aaron Bronsteter (@aaronbronsteter) January 17, 2023
During the Fury-Nganou press conference, Fury revealed that Ngannou would be making $10 million for their boxing match, which is being backed by Saudis.
“Everyone said he was an idiot for walking away from the UFC and now all of a sudden he’s a genius, isn’t he? Guy’s about to make $10M…egg in their face, Francis is going to make that bag.”
Tyson Fury: Everyone said he was an idiot for walking away from the UFC and now all of a sudden he's a genius, isn't he? Guy's about to make $10M…#FuryNgannou pic.twitter.com/cZtAYoLsul
— Jed I. Goodman © (@jedigoodman) September 7, 2023
After his boxing match vs Fury, Ngannou will fight in MMA on a PFL PPV card next year.
It appears that the Ngannou is doing well after leaving the UFC.