
Getty Image
The UFC is parting ways with top-ranked flyweight Muhammad Mokaev after his fight at UFC 304.
On Saturday night, Mokaev picked up another win against Manel Kape, but apparently, despite his victory, he won’t be back in the UFC.
When asked about Mokaev’s contract situation, UFC CEO Dana White revealed that the UFC would not be resigning Mokaev due to a variety of reasons.
“He’s not under contract anymore…“I think the PFL’s going to get a great undefeated guy. Good luck to him.”
“I think the PFL’s going to get a great undefeated guy. Good luck to him.”
Dana White closes the door on re-signing Muhammad Mokaev and says UFC's matchmakers "aren’t big fans of his" 😬 #UFC304 pic.twitter.com/CSVjirk9c4
— MMA Fighting (@MMAFighting) July 28, 2024
According to White, Mokaev has been at the center of several incidents in the past few months.
“The stuff that played out here the last several months. It started at the P.I…other stories of things breaking out, and many other things.”
During his post-fight fight press conference, Mokaev admitted to sucker-punching his opponent at the fighter hotel earlier this week.
“I told him, ‘Let’s come take picture.’ And once he did, I dropped him. I had to do it. I’m not Alex Perez. I’m not some other guys where you can come bully me.”
"I told him, 'Let's come take picture.' And once he did, I dropped him. I had to do it. I'm not Alex Perez. I'm not some other guys where you can come bully me."
Muhammad Mokaev explains why he punched Manel Kape in the #UFC304 fighter hotel. pic.twitter.com/VRCy7e3EQP
— MMA Junkie (@MMAJunkie) July 28, 2024
It’s probably not a good idea to sucker-punch your opponent while you’re negotiating your next contract